The benefits of joining Lawyers Against Injustice (LAI)
As a Lawyer against Injustice, you will:
- Be involved in the selection of projects which the Injustice Fund will support.
- Vote for the Oversight committee members, and have the option to stand for election.
- Have the opportunity to volunteer with LAI on legal projects, for example, conducting legal research.
- Receive regular, exclusive updates on the Injustice Fund and its progress. In addition to this, members will receive the Injustice Fund annual report.(Via email)
- Be invited to key events of interest.(through webinars)
- Through your support, you will be helping underserved women and men around the Country, As well, people and organizations achieve access to our justice system.
To begin with we have appointed an interim Oversight Committee. We will hold an election for vacancies in 2019. A majority of the Committee will be elected by contributing supporters. There will be an ex officio chair and some nominated posts to ensure we have developing inputs and technical functions fulfilled.
We will also ask contributing supporters to help choose many of the projects through a variety of DONATE TO LAWYERS AGAINST INJUSTICE mechanisms. We promise that your contribution to The Injustice Fund will be spent only on such justice projects to be selected. Our arguments will carry superior ethics that cover all involved issues at hand.
If at any future date we want to change the governance arrangements, we will only do so after consulting with the Oversight Committee and explaining fully the rationale to supporters. Despite working in very different legal systems, it is envisaged that our lawyers will be able to share best practice and assist one another in their personal and professional development. In one of the first national projects of this kind, Lawyers against Injustice (LAI) hopes to build bridges, promote the exchange of ideas and support the development of legal education in America. WE WILL NOT GO HUNTING FOR PROBLEMS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM, Injustice will automatically rear its' ugly head and we will be there to have the " voice of Justice" heard across America!
Definition of ETHOS
The distinguishing character, sentiment, moral nature, or guiding beliefs of a person, group, or institution.
Simple Definition of ETHIC
Ethics is an area of study that deals with ideas about what is good and bad behavior : a branch of philosophy dealing with what is morally right or wrong A belief that something is very important.
Definition of Envisage
To form a mental image of; To visualize; To contemplate. To conceive of as a possibility in the future; foresee!
DONATE TO LAWYERS AGAINST INJUSTICE
Constitutional law is applicable in many situations and here are just a few of the types of cases we intend to address: Our cases will be mostly class action cases and will speak for many of our members as one!
- Police Misconduct,
- Excessive Force/Police Brutality/Shooting Cases,
- Arrest and Imprisonment, wrongful Conviction,
- 1st Amendment,4th Amendment discrimination Cases,
- Illegal Search & seizure, denial of Due Process,
- Privacy Violations,
- Intentional delays in addressing Constitutional claims, both in Local Government Law and State Constitutional Law to name a few.
Constitutional law is the law that relates to interpreting, implementing and amending the United States constitution and the constitutions of the 50 states. It is an area of law that focuses on what the constitution say referencing its' intent, what it means and what its limitations are. How it is interpreted from the precedent of previous case law. As social and political issues change and develop in the United States, attorneys who practice constitutional law bring these issues to the courts to ask for clarification about the meaning, interpretation and enforcement of the constitution. Become a member and help make America a better place to live. "Freedom, Fairness, and Fortitude." Is our "MOTTO"
If you are an Attorney and are willing to work with a group of the best legal minds in the country, "Then JOIN us" in our fight for fairness and Equality.